A dental implant surgery happens when you need to have one or more of your teeth replaced. It replaces the roots of your teeth with metal, screw-like posts. Artificial teeth are then placed on the new roots to replace missing or damaged teeth. This is the best option for people who cannot or don’t like wearing dentures.
The best dentists Victoria Point boasts of will make sure that the procedure goes well. However, how fast you recover will depend on how well you care for yourself after the treatment.
Are dental implants right for you?
The best dental implants Redlands dentist can help people who:
- Have one or more teeth that are missing
- Have healthy oral tissues and jawbones that have reached full growth
- Are able to have a bone graft or have enough bone to firmly secure the implants
- Want to improve their speech
- Are unwilling or unable to wear dentures
- Don’t have any underlying health problems that can hinder the bone from healing
- Understand and are willing to dedicate a few months to the whole process
Dental implant aftercare instructions
The best dentists Victoria Point residents trust would like you to know how to take care of yourself after getting an implant. See more at Redland Bay Smiles
- After the procedure, you may experience mild pain and discomfort, which can easily be managed by the pain medication your dentist will prescribe. Make sure to follow your dentist’s instructions religiously.
- Avoid eating anything right after the surgery, especially hot food and drinks, for 24 hours or until the effects of the local anaesthesia wear off. Hot food can worsen the bleeding.
- Drink plenty of fluids—about eight glasses of water of fruit juice daily. It is best to eat soft food, like soup and mashed potato, for a week after the surgery.
- Bleeding is normal for the next 24 hours following the procedure. To help control the bleeding, you can bite on a gauze pack for about half an hour. Contact your dental Redlands clinic if bleeding continues for two days.
- Swelling is another normal occurrence after getting an implant. It usually goes away on its own after 48 hours. To help reduce the swelling, you can apply a cold compress in the general area intermittently for 24 hours. Rinsing with warm saline may also help. Call your dentist if the swelling continues after three to four days.
- Keep your head elevated for the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Avoid disturbing the surgery area with your fingers or tongue.
- Avoid strenuous activities for 48 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid drinking using a straw or spitting, as this could dislodge the blood clot and make the healing process slower.
The best dentists Victoria Point has can help fix your dental problems. However, all their experience and expertise will not help if you refuse to take care of yourself. So, be sure to follow all your dentist’s aftercare instructions.
When choosing a dental clinic, make sure that it is a reputable one with experienced dentists, like Redland Bay Smiles. They offer a wide range of dental treatments, from orthodontics to cosmetic dentistry. They offer one of the best teeth whitening Redlands wide. For more information, visit us at https://dentistredlandbay.com.au/