Planning the menu for a function does not simply consist of choosing dishes to serve your guests. You need to think about the beverages you serve your guests, too. The best food catering Melbourne has to offer can provide you with valuable guidelines to build your beverage menu. They can also help you plan to ensure that you will never run out of drinks to enjoy at the event.
When creating a menu with companies that provide function catering Melbourne has today, follow these beverage tips:
• During the first hour, your guests will enjoy an average of two drinks. After that, they will probably get another round of drink.
• When choosing what drinks to serve, look at your menu. When you choose finger food catering, you need to choose specific types of drinks that are different when you choose lunch catering Melbourne has to offer. There are certain types of drinks that work well with certain types of dishes. You need to plan accordingly.
• When deciding on your beverage, always consider the mainstream crowd. You can provide extra options for special guests with unique tastes and preferences. But choose what suits the majority when choosing the beverage to serve at the event.
• Variety is good when you work with food catering Melbourne has today. However, do not compromise quantity for variety. You need to provide at least two beverage options and a maximum of three options. When you do this, you will be able to plan the quantity more effectively. You would rather have a few options and serve all of your guests, rather than have too many options and not have enough to get around. See more at Essential Caterer
• If you plan on serving non-alcoholic drinks, you can choose from soda, sparkling water or fruit juices. For flavored water, lemon and lime flavors are the most popular options and are universally liked. Make sure you also provide water for every guest in each table.
• Consider portions. This is one aspect about providing beverage during a catering service for an event that is often overlooked. The ideal portion size for each guest is to serve them a glass of juice or a bottle of softdrinks. Make sure you have extra supplies on hand as some guests might consume their drinks faster than others. As mentioned earlier, each guest can consume a maximum of three drinks in an event. Use this as a barometer when deciding the amount of drinks to prepare for an event in proportion to the expected number of guests.
• If you have set up a bar station for the event, you need to know the stages of serving those drinks. For pre-dinner service, you should only be offering juices and sodas to your guests. When dinner is over, you can keep the bar open for guests who want to enjoy cocktails and alcoholic drinks.
As good as your food is, it will not be enough. The best food catering Melbourne has to offer can create a good beverage plan to complement the dishes you serve at the event.